“I don’t know what to do.” We say it all the time. I hear it all the time. I catch myself thinking it and saying it… well, not like I used to. But enough. It’s a tricky “program” to uninstall.
You probably know someone who EXISTS constantly in a state of “I don’t know what to do.” They run in endless circles of complaint and confusion, like a hamster in a wheel of fear. It’s exhausting for both them and those who want to help.
In some respects, I used to be one of those persons. And I know how REAL and painful the confusion is. To be stuck, lost, and desperate for answers. I spent over a decade saying “I don’t know what to do,” about my relationship and my drinking.
It’s understandable. We have been conditioned to believe that the answers will be found outside of ourselves. When we are are confused and frustrated, often the last thing we want to do is turn inward. Feelings, ew! Instead, we turn on the t.v., or turn off our feelings through food, alcohol, work, sex, shopping, or… whatever.
Perhaps, if we are more aware, we seek out programs, courses, books, or healers to help us figure it out. And while we might find some helpful tools or guidance that points us toward the answer, in the end we will always have to climb the mountain and meet our own inner guru. Always.
So, why not climb the mountain and meet the guru first? You’ll save yourself a lot of time and frustration.
Here’s one method to do so…
- Get quiet, bring yourself into a deeply relaxed state using whatever works for you.
- Imagine taking an escalator, flying, or being carried by a winged animal into a higher dimension. You can go to a special place – a temple, or a sacred place in nature, where you can meet and commune with your Higher Self.
- Sometimes, if we have difficulty trusting ourselves, it is easier to meet a spirit guide, angel, or ascended master. Whether you are working with your Higher Self or a guide, invite them to join you. You may or may not see them in your mind’s eye, but you will feel a sense of peace, love, and compassion when they are present.
- Ask for guidance.
- Higher Beings, whether your Self or a guide, will speak in clear, simple terms. If you are seeking an answer to a dilemma, you will usually be given the knowledge you need right now, nothing more. The FIRST step. The NEXT right action.
- Sometimes, you may hear that no action is required. “Do nothing. Be patient and trust.” (Or something along those lines.) And while this may sound frustrating to the intellect/ego, you will feel at peace because you will know in your heart it is truth. Now you can be okay with not knowing what to do, because that IS the answer for now.
- Whenever you receive guidance from a Higher Source, whether your Self or a guide, you will feel peace. If you do not feel peace, if you feel anxiety or confusion, more than likely you are still wrestling with the ego/mind, which can be very challenging to rise above! The ego wants to complicates things. It wants to analyze and plan…
But the next step, the next right action, is always simple.
If you don’t have a relationship with your Higher Self yet (or guide, or angel,) I recommend you try this process with something small at first. “What should I do today to move me forward?” is a great question.
No matter what situation or circumstance you are facing… you know what to do. You’re the ONLY person who knows what to do! The answers are there, just above the cloud bank of questions, confusion, and fear.
So, please stop saying “I don’t know what to do.” It only creates a thicker veil between you and truth. Give yourself permission and space to journey and find your truth.
If you need help reaching it, ask for help – but not from anyone who claims to know, definitively, what you should do. As they say, the best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don’t tell you what to see.